viernes, 24 de julio de 2009

YOU ARE MY BREATH - Ashana



YOU ARE MY BREATH - Ashana

You are my breath
Breathe in me
You are my light
Reveal me
You are the sweetness in all things
Oh My Beloved

There is only one love and I see it in your face
Everywhere I go I am surrounded by grace
The moment I awake I am lost in the embrace of My Beloved

La'illaha il' Allah

For many years I have wanted to write an English chant about how our breath brings us closer to the divine presence within. One day, I picked up Daniel Ladinsky’s book, “Love Poems From God” and opened to the poem “The Christ’s Breath” and in a state of inspiration wrote the lyrics for “You Are My Breath".

The mantra, La’illaha il’Allah is a sacred phrase chanted by Sufis and Muslims all over the world. It means, “There is nothing other than You, O God. You alone are God!” My first experience singing this mantra was many years ago, when I was first introduced to the Dances of Universal Peace and Sufi Zikrs (meditation practices that incorporate movement and chanting). The Sufis teach that the repetition of this phrase alone will open the heart to the Divine Presence.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario